M54.16 ICD-10-CM code is used to diagnose “Radiculopathy, Lumbar Region.”
- M54.16 is a billable/specific ICD10 code that can be used to display a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- ICD-10-CM M54.16, 2022 edition, became effective on October 1, 2022.
- M54.16 is for Radiculopathy, Lumbar Region.
- M54.26 ICD-10-CM version is for the United state of America. ICD-10-CM M51.26 may be different for other countries.
What Is Lumbar Radiculopathy
Lumbar radiculopathy is an inflammation of the nerve root in the lower back, which can cause irritation or pain in the back and down the legs. This type of condition typically affects the sciatic nerve and is often called sciatica. It is caused by compression of the nerves due to inflammation, “wear and tear,” or trauma.
What Is The Icd Code Of Lumbar Radiculopathy?
It is a disorder that causes pain in the lower back, hip, and leg. The ICD10 code for this is M54.16.
The Following Code May Be Applicable For M54.16.
- M00-M99: Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue
- M50-M54: Other dorsopathies
- M51: Thoracic, thoracolumbar, and lumbosacral intervertebral disc disorders
- M51.2: Other thoracic, thoracolumbar, and lumbosacral intervertebral disc displacements.
- M54: Dorsalgia
- M54.1: Radiculopathy
- ICD-10-CM M54.16 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v40.0):551 Medical back issues with mcc.
Here Are The Approximate Synonyms For M54.16
- Lumbar radiculopathy
Icd-10-Cm M51.26 Is Grouped Within Diagnostic Related Group(S) (Ms-Drg V40.0):
- 551 Medical back issues with mcc
- 552 Medical back issues without mcc
Convert M54.16 to ICD-9-CM
Code History Table Since 2017
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
- 2021 (effective 10/1/2020): No change
- 2022 (effective 10/1/2021): No change
- 2023 (effective 10/1/2021): No change
Code annotations, including back-references to M51.26:
- Type 1 Excludes: M51.1, G54
Diagnosis Index entries, including back-references to M54.16:
- Neuritis (rheumatoid) M79.2
- lumbar M54.16
- Radiculopathy M54.10
- lumbar region M54.16
Reimbursement assertions with a service date on or after October 1, 2015, require using ICD-10-CM codes.