M51.26 ICD-10-CM code is used to diagnose “Other intervertebral disc displacements, lumbar region.”
- M51.26 is a billable/specific ICD10 code that can be used to display a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- ICD-10-CM M51.26, 2022 edition became effective on October 1, 2021.
- M51.26 is for Other intervertebral disc displacements, lumbar region.
- M51.26 ICD-10-CM version is for the United state of America. ICD-10-CM M51.26 may be different for other countries.
The following code may be applicable for M51.26
- M00-M99: Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue
- M50-M54: Other dorsopathies
- M51: Thoracic, thoracolumbar, and lumbosacral intervertebral disc disorders
- M51.2: Other thoracic, thoracolumbar, and lumbosacral intervertebral disc displacements
Here are the Approximate Synonyms for M51.26
- Lumbar disc herniation
- Herniation of the lumbar intervertebral disc
- Prolapsed lumbar intervertebral disc
- Displacement of lumbar intervertebral disc
- Removal of the lumbar intervertebral disc without myelopathy
ICD-10-CM M51.26 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v40.0):
- 551 Medical back issues with mcc
- 552 Medical back issues without mcc
Convert M51.26 to ICD-9-CM
Code History table since 2017
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
- 2021 (effective 10/1/2020): No change
- 2022 (effective 10/1/2021): No change
- 2023 (effective 10/1/2021): No change
Code annotations, including back-references to M51.26:
- Code First: M51.A0, M51.A1, M51.A2
Diagnosis Index entries, including back-references to M51.26:
- Displacement, displaced
- intervertebral disc NEC
- lumbar region M51.26
Reimbursement assertions with a service date on or after October 1, 2015, require using ICD-10-CM codes.
What is diagnosis code M51 26?
ICD-10-CM Code M51.26 is a medical classification for Other intervertebral disc displacements, the lumbar region as listed by WHO under the range of Dorsopathies.