W19.XXXA ICD-10-CM code is used to diagnose for “Unspecified fall, initial encounter”
- W19.XXXA is a billable/specific ICD10 code that can be used to display a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- ICD-10-CM W19.XXXA, 2022 edition became effective on October 1, 2021.
- W19.XXXA is defined as the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
- W19.XXXA ICD-10-CM version is for the United state of America. ICD-10-CM W19.XXXA may be different for other countries.
W19.XXXA: Unspecified fall, initial encounter
The following code may be applicable for W19.XXXA
- W19 Unspecified fall
- W19.XXXA Unspecified fall, initial encounter
- W19.XXXD Unspecified fall, subsequent encounter
- W19.XXXS Unspecified fall, sequela
- V00-Y99 External causes of morbidity
- W00-W19 Slipping, tripping, stumbling, and falls
- Accident due to mechanical fall without injury
- Accidental fall
- Cause of injury, accidental fall
- Cause of accident, mechanical fall injury
Code History table since 2017
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
- 2021 (effective 10/1/2020): No change
- 2022 (effective 10/1/2021): No change
Reimbursement assertions with a date of service on or after 2015, October 1 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.
What is an unspecified fall?
When a body/things start suddenly falls downward, it usually results in damage/injury.
Fall due to misstepping or slipping, which results in injury/wound.
What is the ICD-10 code for a fall at home?
The ICD-10-CM code for falls at home is Z91.81 is billable/specific, that can be used to display the diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
Related Post: ICD 10 code for depression unspecified