In this Post on Icd10 code, you will learn about Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Without Complications: e11.9. You will also know about the history and synonyms of this code.
What is ICD 10 e11 code?
E11 is the ICD10 code for type 2 diabetes mellitus. It is a medical classification listed by the World health organization under the spectrum of Endocrine Nutrition and Metabolic Diseases.
Type 2 diabetes is a metabolic disease. In this disease, glucose starts to collect in the blood, and insulin is not absorbed correctly. Type 2 diabetes is often noticed in older men or women.
You might have a question: What is type 2 diabetes mellitus?
So, Type 2 diabetes mellitus continues the collection of dysfunction characterized by hyperglycemia resulting from a mixture of antagonism to insulin action, impaired insulin secretion, and extreme glucagon secretion.
Also know about: ICD code w19.xxxa.
Type 2 diabetes mellitus without complications
- E11.9 ICD 10 CM code is used to diagnose the Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- It is a billable/specific ICD10 code that shows a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- It is a medical classification listed by the world health organization under the range of Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases.
- ICD-10-CM E11.9 2023 edition became effective on October 1, 2022
- E11.9 ICD-10-CM version is for the United state of America and may be different for other countries.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
The Following clinical terms are approximate synonyms.
- Diabetes mellitus type 2
- Diabetes mellitus type 2 without retinopathy
- Diabetes type 2
- Diabetes type 2 controlled with a diet
- Diabetes type 2 on insulin
- Diabetes type 2, uncomplicated
- Diabetes type 2, without retinopathy
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus controlled by diet
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus without complication
- Type ii diabetes mellitus without complication
- Diabetic foot exam
- A diabetic foot exam done
- Preexisting diabetes postpartum (after childbirth)
- Dietary diabetic patient education
- Gestational diabetes mellitus
- Insulin-treated type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Insulin-treated non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus
- Maturity onset diabetes mellitus in young
- Maturity onset diabetes of youth
- Maturity-onset diabetes of the young
- Nutrition therapy for type 2 diabetes done
- Nutritional therapy for diabetes mellitus type 2
- Postpartum (after pregnancy) diabetes
- Preexisting diabetes mellitus during postpartum
- Diabetes in pregnancy
- Diabetes mellitus diet education done
- Diabetes mellitus in the puerperium – baby, delivered during the current episode of care
ICD-10-CM E11.9 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v40.0):
- 008: Simultaneous pancreas and kidney transplant
- 637: Diabetes with MCC
- 638: Diabetes with cc
- 639: Diabetes without cc/MCC
- 010: Pancreas transplant
- 019: Simultaneous pancreas and kidney transplant with hemodialysis
Code History table since 2017
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
- 2021 (effective 10/1/2020): No change
- 2022 (effective 10/1/2021): No change
- 2023 (effective 10/1/2022): No change
Diagnosis Index entries containing back-references to E11.9:
- Diabetes, diabetic (Mellitus) (sugar) E11.9
- type 2 E11.9
Reimbursement assertions with a date of service on or after 2015, October 1 require the use of ICD10-CM codes.
What is the ICD10 code for diabetes type 2?
E11.9 is ICD10 code for Type 2 diabetes mellitus (dm2 ICD 10 code).
Also Read about: ICD 10 CM Code X58.xxxa
E08, Diabetes mellitus due to underlying condition
dm2 medical abbreviation: Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2
Dmii medical abbreviation is Diabetes Mellitus Type II (medical condition
ICD10 code dm 2: E11.9 is Type 2 diabetes mellitus
ICD9 codes for diabetes are 250.