In this Post on Icd10 code, you will learn about Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Without Complications: e11.9. You will also know about the history and synonyms of this code.
What is ICD 10 e11 code?
E11 is the ICD10 code for type 2 diabetes mellitus. It is a medical classification listed by the World health organization under the spectrum of Endocrine Nutrition and Metabolic Diseases.
Type 2 diabetes is a metabolic disease. In this disease, glucose starts to collect in the blood, and insulin is not absorbed correctly. Type 2 diabetes is often noticed in older men or women.
You might have a question: What is type 2 diabetes mellitus?
So, Type 2 diabetes mellitus continues the collection of dysfunction characterized by hyperglycemia resulting from a mixture of antagonism to insulin action, impaired insulin secretion, and extreme glucagon secretion.
Also, know about ICD code w19.xxxa.
Type 2 diabetes mellitus without complications
- E11.9 ICD 10 CM code is used to diagnose the Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- It is a billable/specific ICD10 code that shows a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- It is a medical classification list by the world health organization under Endocrine, nutritional, and metabolic diseases.
- ICD-10-CM E11.9 2023 edition became effective on October 1, 2022
- E11.9 ICD-10-CM version is for the United state of America and may be different for other countries.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- E11.9 is usually insufficient to explain the admission to an acute care hospital when used as the primary diagnosis.
The following code may be applicable for E11.9.
The Following clinical terms are approximate synonyms.
- Diabetes mellitus type 2
- Diabetes mellitus type 2 without retinopathy
- Diabetes type 2
- Diabetes type 2 controlled with a diet
- Diabetes type 2 on insulin
- Diabetes type 2, uncomplicated
- Diabetes type 2, without retinopathy
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus controlled by diet
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus without complication
- Type ii diabetes mellitus without complication
- Diabetic foot exam
- A diabetic foot exam done
- Preexisting diabetes postpartum (after childbirth)
- Dietary diabetic patient education
- Gestational diabetes mellitus
- Insulin-treated type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Insulin-treated non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus
- Maturity onset diabetes mellitus in young
- Maturity onset diabetes of youth
- Maturity-onset diabetes of the young
- Nutrition therapy for type 2 diabetes done
- Nutritional therapy for diabetes mellitus type 2
- Postpartum (after pregnancy) diabetes
- Preexisting diabetes mellitus during postpartum
- Diabetes in pregnancy
- Diabetes mellitus diet education done
- Diabetes mellitus in the puerperium – baby, delivered during the current episode of care
ICD-10-CM E11.9 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v40.0):
- 008: Simultaneous pancreas and kidney transplant
- 637: Diabetes with MCC
- 638: Diabetes with cc
- 639: Diabetes without cc/MCC
- 010: Pancreas transplant
- 019: Simultaneous pancreas and kidney transplant with hemodialysis
Code History table since 2017
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
- 2021 (effective 10/1/2020): No change
- 2022 (effective 10/1/2021): No change
- 2023 (effective 10/1/2022): No change
Diagnosis Index entries containing back-references to E11.9:
- Diabetes, diabetic (Mellitus) (sugar) E11.9
- type 2 E11.9
Reimbursement assertions with a date of service on or after 2015, October 1 require the use of ICD10-CM codes.
“Convert E11.9 to ICD-9-CM”
What is the ICD10 code for diabetes type 2?
E11.9 is ICD10 code for Type 2 diabetes mellitus (dm2 ICD 10 code).
Also Read about: ICD 10 CM Code X58.xxxa
Related Article: Diagnosis Code F95: Tic Disorder